Dyer Dog Park at Central Park,
900 Central Park Boulevard, Dyer IN
Located at Central Park, the three acre facility includes a small dog area and a large dog area. Complete with benches, dog waste stations and a shelter in each section, the dog park is open daily from dawn to dusk 365 days a year. Each area of the park includes its own water fountain for the dogs (but is only on seasonally during the warmer times of the year).
Individuals and their dogs visiting the dog park must be registered at the Dyer Town Hall Parks and Recreation office. Please read through the attached dog park registration packet which includes more useful information, details on dog park requirements, the registration forms and waiver. Note: For safety reasons, children 12 and under are not allowed in the dog park area.
Dog Park Registration Packet
Stop by Central Park to check out the dog park facility.
Dog Park Annual Fees
Dyer Dog Park Annual Membership
$60 Res 1st dog
$108 NR 1st dog
$20 additional dog
$36 NR additional dog
Dyer Dog Park 6 Month Membership
$40 Res 1st dog
$72 NR 1st dog
|$10 additional dog
$18 additional dog
|Dog Park Memberships are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Membership runs from the date of purchase
Only cash and checks are accepted as forms of payment.
- Leptospirosis- If your dog is unable to recvied the Leptospirosis vaccinations, then please bring a signed document from your veterinarian.
|Bring proof of vaccinations to register
Dyer Dog Park Rules and Incident Policy
The Rules for the Dyer Dog Park were developed for the safety of both dogs and people – and to make sure everyone has fun while at the park.
- Dog Park is open from sunrise to sunset.
- Dog Park patrons must be registered as members at the Dyer Town Hall.
- This Dog Park is unsupervised. Visitors use the park at your own risk.
- Quickly clean up after dog and dispose of the waste.
- Owners are responsible and liable for their dogs and children.
- Children under 12 are not allowed in the dog park. Ages 13-17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dogs should be leashed prior to entering and leaving the dog park.
- Owners must carry one leash per dog and monitor their dog’s behavior at all times.
- Leaving dogs unattended is prohibited.
- Dogs must wear a collar with identification at all times.
- No choke or pinch collars allowed in the park.
- All dogs must have current licenses and be current on vaccinations.
- Keep gates closed at all times.
- No food is allowed in the dog park. Bite size training treats are allowed.
- Leave unhealthy dogs, dogs with open wounds or dogs in heat at home.
- Puppies under six months of age are prohibited.
- Problem or aggressive dogs must be immediately leashed and removed from the park.
- No animals other than dogs are permitted in the fenced-in area.
- Smoking and glass containers are prohibited inside the park.
- Spectators must remain outside the fenced area.
- The small dog area is for dogs less than 26 pounds. The large dog area is for dogs 26 pounds or more.
- Limit of two dogs per person.
- Agility equipment is for dog use only. No one is allowed on the agility equipment.
- The Town of Dyer reserves the right to close the park as needed for maintenance and repair.
DOG INCIDENT POLICY
The Dyer Dog Park rules and etiquette are designed to help minimize the chance for a dog incident. Should an incident occur, here is our policy and recommended action to be taken by dog owners.
· Separate and leash the dogs.
· Remove dogs to neutral area.
· Inspect dogs for any injury.
· Exchange names and phone numbers.
· Obtain names and phone numbers of any witnesses.
· In the event the Town of Dyer is notified, they have the express right to release the names and phone numbers of all involved parties.
· In the event of reoccurring incidents, the Town of Dyer has the right to suspend or revoke Dog Park Memberships. Below is a following of what will result in
1st Incident- Warning
2nd Incident- Suspension
3rd Incident- Membership revoked
Dyer Animal Control.......................(219) 865-1163
Dyer Police Dept. non-emergency....(219) 865-1163
Dyer Parks and Recreation Dept......(219) 865-2505